“I wish to thank Victim Services for their kind telephone call to ensure that we were doing okay. I think it is a wonderful service, and people should let you know how appreciative they are.”
Without volunteers, we would not be able to provide the services we do. It’s that simple. Volunteers are integral to our organization. They are the people who respond to incoming inquiries, who provide emotional and practical support to victims of crime and trauma and who help others navigate through the criminal justice system.
Our volunteers are skilled, committed and caring individuals who, every day, are making a difference in someone’s life.
Volunteers are asked to:
- Commit to a minimum of one three-hour office shift each week;
- Be on call after hours for a minimum of six hours each month;
- Attend one advanced training session each year;
- Attend a minimum of three of the scheduled volunteer meetings each year; and
- Make a minimum program commitment of 200 hours (an approximately one-and-a-half-year commitment).