Vision, Mission, Values and Principles
Victims achieve a state of well-being.
Working with police to help people impacted by crime and trauma.
Values and Principles
- We are committed to our clients and to our vision and mission.
- We support the rights of victims.
- We work collaboratively within GVPVS and with our police and community partners.
- We are client-focused.
- We provide exceptional service.
- We are highly trained and professional.
- We treat information from our clients and our police partners with confidentiality.
- We earn trust by doing what we say.
- We work in accordance with a Code of Ethics.
- We are transparent.
- We are compassionate.
- We are non-judgmental and understanding.
- We respect our clients and their uniqueness.
- We respect each other and the different roles we perform.
- We respect the strengths and needs of the diverse communities we serve.
- We strive to be inclusive and representative.
The Greater Victoria Police Victim Services 2013-2014 Strategic Plan can be found here.